Jerry Wydner, Co-Founder of Hunter Safety System inducted into Treestand Hall of Fame
During the 2022 TMA Members’ Conference held at The Lodge located in Gulf Shores, AL the TMA Board of Directors recognized Jerry Dale Wynder during the Awards Banquet on April 27th as the 2022 Treestand Hall of Fame Inductee.The award came as a big surprise to Wydner who was attending the conference as one of the Board members and Manufacturing Class members. After receiving the award, Jerry shared these words:
“I want to thank John Louk, Executive Director, L.J. Smith, and the TMA Board for considering me worthy of pg slot this great honor. To be inducted alongside the existing Treestand Hall of Fame honorees is so very humbling. It has been my pleasure and honor to serve on this Board for the past 15 years. During this time, I have seen many changes to our industry and have worked diligently with my fellow board members to represent the best interests of our members. When I first joined the Board, TMA was struggling financially to survive. Today, we are a healthy, positive movement representing the industry and our TMA members. I know the TMA mission is pure and has only one agenda…Help protect and support our hunting industry and it’s members by sharing and promoting safe practices while supporting the industry standards recognized by TMA. Yes, it has been my honor to serve and I’m so humbled to be inducted into the Treestand Hall of Fame!”
Contributing Virtues of Jerry Dale Wynder:
• Co-founded Hunter Safety System along with his brother John and lifelong friend Jim Barta in 2001. With a single focus, the company has committed from the very beginning to ensure the safety of hunters.
• Has been granted numerous US Patents as an inventor and co-inventor and continues to develop other unique product designs.
• Has been elected to serve on the TMA Board of Directors since 2007. During his 15 years of service has faithfully served as Vice President for many of those years.
• Has faithfully supported treestand safety training with his generous donations of product to TMA and also many other organizations involved with hunter education.
• Has received numerous awards within the hunting industry in recognition of his dedication to safety and for fostering relationships with other companies that have similar goals.
• Has represented TMA and his company with the utmost of integrity and is respected not only as a professional but also as a person in the treestand and hunting industry.
• Continues to exemplify his deep passion for promoting treestand safety and endless devotion to his family, faith and friends.
His wife Mary, son Michael and Jerry’s siblings were among the special guests who were there to share in the ceremony. Paul Meeks (2010 Inductee) congratulated Jerry by phone and Tom Gallagher (2012 Inductee) and Bob Craft (The Craft Agency) gave encouraging remarks by video.